Monday, July 25, 2011

Well, the infertile is pregnant again.

That's right. IVF worked the first, second, and now third time. I obviously don't have issues getting pregnant but my body doesn't want to stay pregnant. I am 4 weeks pregnant today and every time I miscarry its between weeks 6 and 8.  So far I haven't had any major issues. Some strange brown spotting that I have never had before, but no cramping or weird feelings. I wonder if having surgery to completely remove my tubes and taking blood thinning injections again will finally solve the problem? I am actually really low key about everything this time. My second beta is tomorrow and I should know if my numbers doubled by tomorrow afternoon. I think the prospect of being able to adopt Baby K makes me feel more at ease with never having a biological child.  Sure, I'd love to have a cute little boy that looks like Big K running around the house, but I am ok if it doesn't happen.  I know that someday we will be able to adopt from foster care and complete our family. I just hope that day is near!

I just want to be a mom. Baby K is fitting right in with our family and to her, I AM mom, which is an amazing feeling. We haven't heard anything from the social worker in awhile. The out-of-state relative supposedly has stopped responding to the workers attempts at contacting her. They are going to hold a committee in mid-August to pick a permanent family for K. It will be our homestudy vs. two others (chosen at random I guess). I would think that since we already have her in our home and she is doing great it would be a no-brainer. But then again, I am not sure how this stuff all works and if the relative decides to throw their hat in at the last minute that could change everything (they prefer to place kids with their birth families).  The TPR trial is set for mid-September. The workers fully expect rights to be terminated but they also expect the family to appeal which could drag out the adoption process another 6 months to a year.  So at the earliest we can adopt her is October (if no appeal and we get picked to be her perm family). That's kind of exciting! But the prospect of having it drag out for another year is not-so-exciting.

Other than that I got nuttin'. Big K works from 4p to 11p tonight and I get home around 330pm so I won't get to see him at all today. Maybe 10 minutes in passing. Then it's Baby K and I hanging out until bed time. Maybe we will go to the Y and take a dip in the pool? They said no exercise until my u/s... but that's not really exercise.. right? :)

2 comments:

  1. Kel!

    You have so many people in total support of you, in regards both to baby K and your ongoing fertility treatments. You are so loved!

    That said, I think that floating around in a pool isn't "exercise", just don't do laps or practice your diving technique. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, the captcha for that last comment was "youslob". WHAT IS IT TRYING TO SAY?!

    ReplyDelete