Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The State Grew A Pair!

K's social worker emailed me this today;

"My boss really wants to get this case moving forward.  We will not be resending paperwork to <family member>.  If she would like to get a private home study she is welcome to do so.  I will let you know once we have a selection committee date.  As always let me know if you have questions."

So this is good news - yeah? I mean, she didn't get her paperwork turned in on time and was missing half of it. The State paid for her homestudy and she blew it. Now they are telling her that they paid for it once and gave her a chance, next one is on her. 

I have corresponded via email with this family member and I know that she doesn't have the $$ to pay for a homestudy. She is on a very low, fixed income. I am interested to see what is going to happen between now and the selection committee date. My best guess - all things considered - is she won't have a private homestudy completed in the next month and therefore won't be considered for selection.

Hopefully there won't be another adoption update until our meeting with the social worker in a couple weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is VERY good news! I am glad to finally hear the system is actually working out in a positive and (right) way for someone! I hope they set the date soon for you and it all goes well! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this means good things for you and K2. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love! :) keeping everything crossed for baby K and your next round of betas!

    ReplyDelete