Tuesday, August 2, 2011

After 4 Pregnancies with the SOB (Same OB)

... he is finally savvy to my tricks. I called to get an ultrasound next week when I'd be in the middle of my 6th week and he called me back and said that he "knows" my RE's office does an u/s around 7 or 8 weeks and that I need to tough it out and wait until then. I protested and said "what if its another ectopic?", his reply was ... "Yeah, right.. an ectopic with no tubes. That doesn't make sense. Just wait it out." And then he had his nurse offer me a Snickers bar if I behaved and wait until 9 weeks to see him for an u/s. Damn it. He totally has my number. I love Snickers. And honestly, I love my OB and value his opinion. So I will wait. Impatiently. *sigh*

Going to Plan B - getting the RE to do an u/s next week instead of 2/3 weeks from now. I may have to stoop to low levels for this one. Stay tuned...

ETA: Denied at the RE's office too. So it looks liike my first u/s will be in week 7 and my 2nd u/s will be in week 9.  Damn it. 2 or 2.5 more weeks to wait. I wonder if they'll give me a Snickers too? Bastards.

Oh - legal update! Baby K's mom was found guilty on all charges yesterday and received a prison sentence. I can't get into details, but trust me... if you knew what happened you'd be celebrating as much as we are. Baby K is one step closer to a better life!

(My love for Snickers was evident, even as a small child)

5 comments:

  1. Damn. Your doctor is too smart. Continuing to hope for good things for all of you, certainly including sweet K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about being denied an u/s! But yay about Baby K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, they do have your number. There is such thing as a cervical ectopic. You should call and claim extreme cervix pain :)

    I'm glad something is also happening in this glacially slow foster to adopt process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo on having to wait! Good news on the baby K front, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buddy, have you tried the peanut butter snickers. It's like sex in your mouth. Peanut butter. Snickers. Mouthgasm.

    ReplyDelete