Monday, August 8, 2011

She Is Ours!

I am in shock. We went for what we thought was a routine social worker visit this afternoon and we got the news of a lifetime! Grandma is out. Completely denied and will not be considered for adopting baby K!

So now, instead of holding a committee to select her family, the social workers and guardian ad litem have decided that they are going to let the judge terminate parental rights next month as planned and then they only have to wait one more month and they can just automatically pick us.  Apparently since rights will be terminated, no family members are trying (or allowed to try) for custody, and she will have been in our home for 6 months, they don't have to hold a selection committee. Wow. I know the ink isn't dry yet, but the social worker told us that it was a done deal!

She is so beautiful and so sweet. She is perfectly healthy and on target developmentally. She has no health issues. She loves us and we love her. How did we get so lucky? We took a huge chance being foster parents and this has been a roller coaster, but it paid off. It just doesn't seem real yet. We aren't officially announcing until after rights are terminated and we have the official notice that we have been chosen.  But, I can finally stop guarding my heart. What an amazing feeling!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, YES! This is absolutely wonderful I couldn't be happier for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Yes Yes!!! I am sooo happy for you and your family! And I cant wait until you can share pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so so happy to hear this, Kel, for you and for baby K. This is such marvelous news for you both.

    I can't wait to meet you AND baby K in January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought tears to my eyes. Such wonderful news. - Sherri/Shemico

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygod, this is terrific news. TERRIFIC!

    Your family is growing by leaps and bounds, and you are so deserving. I'm so incredibly happy for you, K. Sooooo happy!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete